As a school of choice, the vision for Denton Magnet School of Technology is to
- develop students from across the district who are goal-oriented, problem-solving, and innovative.
- help students become adaptable citizens who embrace diversity, act responsibly, and successfully contribute to our local community and society as a whole.
- offer an inventive and rigorous approach to instruction that respects students’ diverse learning styles.
- administer an advanced, accelerated curriculum that provides students with opportunities to develop higher-order thinking skills.
- emphasize student-centered instruction through the use of digital tools and a highly rigorous STEM elective program.
The mission of Denton Magnet School of Technology is to cultivate curiosity and prepare students to thrive as productive citizens in an evolving, technology-driven, global society.
All children can and will become proficient learners who will graduate.
The program is a traditional academic concept including the following elements:
- School of choice
- Multi-cultural environment
- Well-defined discipline policy
- Strict dress code
- Emphasis on core curriculum to include mathematics, language arts, science, social studies with additional emphasis on technology experiences
- Emphasis on character and citizenship education
- Promotion upon mastery of established grade level objectives
- Teacher interdisciplinary teams
- Limited activities and special programs that would remove a student from his or her normal class activities
- Parent commitment to and involvement in the program
- Written parent contact and statement of commitment
- Expectation of mastery of basic skills
- Expectation of rigorous academic instructions
- Emphasis on offering a curriculum that provides students with opportunities to develop higher order thinking skills integrated with technology
- Hands-on experiences in technology
It’s a GREAT day to be an Admiral!
Navy and Gold