As a school of choice, the vision for Denton Magnet School of Technology is to
- develop students from across the district who are goal-oriented, problem-solving, and innovative.
- help students become adaptable citizens who embrace diversity, act responsibly, and successfully contribute to our local community and society as a whole.
- offer an inventive and rigorous approach to instruction that respects students’ diverse learning styles.
- administer an advanced, accelerated curriculum that provides students with opportunities to develop higher-order thinking skills.
- emphasize student-centered instruction through the use of digital tools and a highly rigorous STEM elective program.
Dragonflymax Athletic Eligibility!
Use the handout to complete the registration process and paperwork for your athlete. The school code is: 8JQT5N. Students and parents will have to have different account logins in order to complete the digitally signed forms. Per the AHSAA, all physicals will need to be updated by a physician for the 2020-21 school year. If you have any questions or concerns please email Coach Hollis at email@example.com.
Parents interested in purchasing a device for your child, please see the information below:
A laptop is the preferred device. Tablets, iPads, or phones may not work with all programs being used.
MCPSS will be purchasing Chromebooks. Chromebooks come in different brands and different sizes. They range in price from $150-$250, and can be purchased from Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, or Best Buy.
A side note: Chromebook refers to the operating system that is on the laptop. HP, Lenovo, Dell, Asus and others sell their own version of the Chromebook.
However, any laptop with the Operating System Windows 10 installed will work.
It’s important to note: The laptop does not have to be a high-end laptop. Most student laptops in Chromebook and Windows typically have the following features:
4gb of ram
32gb hard-drive space
Celeron or AMD 1.1 ghz or higher
Chrome or Windows OS
**These are very minimal specs for a laptop.**
ANY laptop with Windows or Chrome operating system on them should work fine.
For further assistance please contact the school office.
Prospective Students: Magnet School Applications Accessed Here